Saturday, April 2, 2011

Inside The Minds Of The Creators Of 'Insidious'


When I was asked to cover the “Insidious” press junket, screening, and Q&A, I had to think twice.  I am not the gal that lines up for the latest film offerings in horror and the paranormal.  Add the fact that the writer and director are from the “Saw” franchise and I paused even longer.  Little did I know that “Insidious” would be a great departure from bloody series of “Saw.”  Over the course of three days, I was able to interview director James Wan, writer Leigh Whannell, and actors Barbara Hershey and Lin Shaye.

The look and feel of the movie is big budget, so it was shocking to learn from Wan that the budget came in around “$800,000 and it was shot over a course of 22 days.”  Wan and Whannell really wanted to keep “Insidious” small because they felt like there were too many fingerprints on their last film, “Dead Silence.”  In order to keep the studio from meddling, they made sure it was done as a true indie film.  Wan even “cut the film in his bedroom on a Mac using Final Cut Pro.”  I am not sure how much more indie you can get after I heard that.............

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Share

Infolinks In Text Ads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.