Saturday, April 2, 2011

preview: LCD Soundsystem’s Final Show @ MSG Tonight


OMFG! While our illustrious editor-in-chief is busy getting his untz on down in LA tonight, I’ll be at MSG for LCD Soundsystem’s final concert!

Despite all the utter nonsense involved with their ticketing fiasco and through some utter stroke of beginner’s luck, my lovely wife scored two tickets to LCD Soundsystem tonight at MSG and it’s just now hitting me how stoked I am for this show. Although I’ve been an LCD fan for years, their last album, This Is Happening, really hit my ears in the sweet spot. It was basically at the top of my list of favorite albums from 2010, and despite totally overplaying it since last spring, I still haven’t gotten tired of listening to it.

By the way, if you’re ticket-less–which I usually am for these big shows–or you don’t live in NYC, keep in mind that you’re not totally shit-out-of-luck. Pitchfork will be webcasting the show in its entirety. Hell, given my shitty 300-level upper deck seats, you might even get better sound and visuals than me from the comfort of your own couch..................

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share |
Share

Infolinks In Text Ads

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger.